Money in Mind
Welfare Rights Advice & Employment Support Service
Money in Mind is supported by NatWest's Skills & Opportunities Fund and Calderdale Council.
Due to high demand, we can't take new referrals for Money in Mind at present. For welfare rights advice, please try Citizens Advice on 01422 842 848 or see other contacts further down this page; our employment support service is operating a waiting list.
Welfare Rights Service
This is a free and confidential service, offering supportive and non-judgemental help to:
· Check what benefits or tax credits you may be entitled to
· Make sure that you are claiming everything that you should be
· Help you complete benefit forms (please note that this depends on availability)
· Advise and represent on social security law, including entitlement, backdates, appeals and overpayments
· Provide advice about or representation at benefits tribunals
· Help with other related matters and refer you on to other agencies where appropriate
This service is usually available Wednesday - Friday, although a message can be taken at other times.
Our welfare rights worker will make every effort to answer your enquiry as quickly as possible but there may be some delay in getting back to you during busy periods.
Contact the Healthy Minds Welfare Rights Service:
call Billy on 01422 345154 or 07985 754944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Welfare Rights service is open to anyone living in Calderdale who is experiencing emotional distress . Other welfare advice services are available if you do not meet our criteria:
Employment Support Service
The Employment Support Project Worker role aims to offer support people who experience emotional distress and who wish to move towards paid employment. It can also offer interventions that enable people to maintain or retain current employment.
We can provide a range of information, advice, guidance, training and support tailored to meet individual needs or common needs for people who are affected by mental health problems.
The role can also include sourcing voluntary work, learning and skills opportunities, and engaging with local employers.
If you are thinking of work (no matter how far into the future), or are under pressure to move towards employment, please contact us.
The Employment Support Project Worker can help with;
· Exploring job/ career options
· Education and training or gaining work experience
· Creating relevant CV’s
· Writing or checking application forms
· Preparing for job interviews
· Maintaining employment
· Liaising with employers
· Signposting to relevant agencies
If you would like to have a chat or arrange a meeting with the Employment Support Project Worker, Michelle. Or, if you wish to refer someone to the project, contact;
Michelle at Healthy Minds Calderdale on 01422 345154 or 07496 492 399 email@example.com .