Money in Mind
Welfare Rights Advice & Employment Support Service
Money in Mind is supported by Calderdale Council and delivered in partnership with Noah's Ark Centre, St. Augustine's Centre and The Gathering Place to give people open access to money and welfare advice alongside emotional support. Healthy Minds offers advice and support on welfare rights in relation to mental health .
Welfare Rights Service
This is a free and confidential service, offering supportive and non-judgemental help to:
· Check what benefits or tax credits you may be entitled to
· Make sure that you are claiming everything that you should be
· Help you complete benefit forms (please note that this depends on availability)
· Advise and represent on social security law, including entitlement, backdates, appeals and overpayments
· Provide advice about or representation at benefits tribunals
· Help with other related matters and refer you on to other agencies where appropriate
This service is usually available Wednesday & Thursay, although a message can be taken at other times.
Our welfare rights worker will make every effort to answer your enquiry as quickly as possible but there may be some delay in getting back to you during busy periods.
Contact the Healthy Minds Welfare Rights Service:
call Billy on 01422 345154 or 07985 754944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Support Service
Our employment support service is currently closed to new referrals . Please contact our main office on 01422 345154 if you have employment support needs and we will talk through options.
The Welfare Rights service is open to anyone living in Calderdale who is experiencing emotional distress . Other welfare advice services are available if you do not meet our criteria:
- Calderdale Citizens Advice Bureau offers free help for patients who have been refused benefits: ESA, DLA or PIP. Speak to your GP to be referred to this service.
- Noah's Ark Centre offers a debt advice and money management service.
- Calderdale DART offers advice & support for people with disabilities. Restrictions apply - check their website.